Established by the government of Haryana in 1987, Government College Bhattu Kalan has emerged over the year as a a leading co-educational institute to offer degrees up to the graduation level in art, commerce and science faculties. Situated at a distance of about 20 km from the district headquarters, Fatehabad and about 30 km from the famous historical site Agroha, which is the birthplace of Agrawal community in the country, the college has adequate rail-road connectivity with Hisar 55 Km, Sirsa 50 Km, Delhi 200 Km and the state capital Chandigarh 240 Km. It was previously affiliated to Kurukshetra University, Kurukshetra but now it has its permanent affiliation with Chaudhary Devi Lal University, Sirsa ( w.e.f. 2011-12 session), due to a decision of the Government to affiliated all Government, Private and self -finance colleges laying in Fatehabad and Sirsa districts with the letter. The college gets 100% grants from the Government of Haryana and from November 2014 it is affiliated with UGC u/s 2f and 12B of the UGC Act.
The first NAAC accreditation of the college head taken place in 2003 and it was awarded C+ grade and got B grade in 2016. Having a modest strength of about 1047 at present. The aim is to produce quality graduates in all streams.